Corporate and Business Support Division
Corporate and Business Support Division is responsible for overall expenditure and HR policy advice (Internal & External) to support units in ensuring the optimisation of resource allocation for the Department and agencies under its remit and the corporate support function of the Department, through the mechanism of a business partner model.
In addition, this Division contributes to the policy objectives of the Department by assisting policy units in the programme of legislative reform. The Division further contributes to the research, evaluation and information functions of the Department, including through the Growing Up in Ireland Study.
The Division also assists in the co-ordination of reporting and governance responsibilities as well as through the provision of legal advices. The Division is commencing the process of putting in place a dedicated modern ICT support infrastructure to further the objective of a more focussed IT solution for business needs.
Overall management of each Division shall comprise:
• managing the business generally of the Division;
• managing and monitoring the overall performance of the Division;
• providing policy advice to the Secretary General, MB, Minister or the Government, as appropriate;
• ensuring the implementation of Government policies appropriate to the Division;
• monitoring Government policies, appropriate to the Division, which affect the Department;
• ensuring delivery (within the limits of resources provided) of the outputs determined by the Minister and the Secretary General;
• managing the Division’s work in implementing the relevant elements of the Statement of Strategy and overseeing the provision of progress reports to the MB, the Secretary General and the Minister thereon;
• providing policy advice to the Secretary General and the Minister on all matters within the remit of the Department which are appropriate to the Division;
• ensuring the effective management of risk within the Division;
• ensuring the proper use of Division resources, including effective financial management, and the provision of cost-effective public services appropriate to the Division;
• overseeing the assignment of specific responsibilities to individual officers or groups or grades of officer within the Division;
• managing matters relating to the appointment, performance and discipline of staff; and
• ensuring the appropriate co-ordination of the Division’s activities with those of other Divisions.